We have noticed that sometimes the inside glass on the doors of certain makes of oven comes away from its fixings. That is the glass either comes off a bit and rattles when you open and close the door or the glass comes out completely. Sometimes the glass falls out when we clean it but not often as we look out for the problem now and can clean around it. In the five years that we have been operating we have cleaned in the region of 6,000 ovens and we have done this fix about 5 times. So not a common problem. If your oven is in warranty or you have taken out an extended warranty don't touch the oven and call them out.
So the method of fixing an oven door when its glass has either fallen out or become loose. (please note this is for glass that was originally fixed in place with sealant at the factory and doesn't apply to doors that use screws or other fixings to keep the inner glass in place).
1. Take the door off and then take it apart – it should break into two parts. You will have to remove a few screws to do this. Beware it the oven is a Zanussi, AEG or Electrolux as the lugs maybe plastic and you will have to be very careful – see my earlier posting on 'Lugs'.
2. Remove the glass (if it has not already fallen off) and clean it until it is spotless.
3. Clean the door so that the place where the glass will fix back into, that is the groove where the glass will sit, is perfectly clean and the enamel is shiny.
3. Take some silicone sealant (we use grey sealant that looks good when it sets) and put it around the groove in the door. Put the piece of clean glass and put it in position on the sealant and in its groove.
4. Put to one side and take a large book such as a phone directory or other heavy object and put onto the glass so that it is pushing the door down onto the sealant. Leave it like this for 24 hours for the sealant to set.
5. Clean off the excess sealant and then put the door back together and refit.
If the glass has just started to come off, so there is just a small bit coming away, you may find that putting some super glue on the glass and pressing it back together will to the job.Google+