Image via Wikipedia
At our regular weekly meeting last Thursday it became apparent that one of the vans tanks wasn't heating up at all. It meant that we had to rearrange the jobs for the day for that van. The problem was the heating element in the dipping tank fitted to the van was tripping the electrical circuit in the office.
We checked the element and it had completely 'gone' and needed replacing. So on Saturday I removed the tank, fitted a new element and then put it all back together in the pouring rain. It was a bit tricky in parts as I had to get the tank completely out of the van to get leverage on the element to remove it. To do this I had to unbolt the fixing bolts, get the tank out ,then put the new element in and then bolt the tank back into the van. To do this bit needed a bit of effort but I got it all sorted out in the end. So at the end I was soaked through to the skin but it had to be done.
Today we have put the same van into the garage get a wheel bearing fixed. Now the van is fixed and I will use it tomorrow for a full day's work.Google+