Today we have a few problems, this morning one of our employees rang the office to say that when he was replacing a bulb on the range cooker he was cleaning ‘it went bang and everything is now dead’. I spoke to him and he said the bulb had broken off and he had switched the light off but not the power. As the bulb was broken he used pliers to get what was left out and then it went bang. Obviously I told him that he should switch off the power when changing a bulb as we don’t want to lose him!! He then had gone to the fuse board and put the trip back up and even those the extractor fan was working the oven had no sign of life. So I jumped in the van and went out and had a look. So sure enough it was all dead, the extractor fan was working but the cooker was completely dead. So I was thinking we are going to have to call out an appliance repair company but then I decided to have a look at the back of the cooker. So I pulled it out and looked down the back. And looking down there I saw something that I was not expecting – the cooker had a standard plug going into a wall socket. I know smaller single ovens have these but I had somehow got into my head that large cookers like this one had to be hard wired in. But no there it was. So we changed the fuse in the plug and hey presto everything worked just fine. Phew.
I then went off and changed the spring of the cooker that I talked about in my last post. As I said I recorded it and I’ll put a video in here.
Then back to the office and then we had a call where the customer had had her oven cleaned a couple of days ago but when they came to use it today, they switched it on and then it went bang and the element in the grill and the element was completely broken in half. I spoke to the client and told her that he sounds if though the element had ‘gone’ and it was just a coincidence. As we have replaced only one element and then I gave the client the benefit of the doubt, in 20,000 + cleans I know that it is something that doesn’t happen because of what we have done. I told the client to get a appliance engineer to have a look at the problem and if they thought it was caused by our cleaning we would settle the bill.
So a few problems but the best news of the day was we have had an exceptionally good week as this week we have topped our best sales for while. We have been putting our daily takings up on a chart on the wall and as we take payments in advance is just a case of printing off the sales report from the card machine at the end of the day and putting them into the box for the day. So this week we have done very well, with one day we didn’t hit our daily target but on another day we did double our daily target. So in all a fabulous week which has really made our day and weekend.Google+